Wednesday 23 October 2013

My experience on Twitter!

I really think that my experience on twitter was rather disappointing and not really what I expected. Since long time ago, I didn't like the idea of using twitter as twitter is most often crowded by celebrities or people who are always reporting about their life and what they are doing. 

I tweeted about an article of 10 scariest places especially for this Halloween and another one on Tao Dan Park where it was added to one of the scariest places in the world. I didn't receive any re-tweets from anyone and I even made it searchable by adding hashtags before important words such as ‘scariest’ and ‘places’ but it was a real failure. 

This was quite a bad experience maybe because I am not used to this platform as I am used to Facebook or YouTube. If I was used to it then I think that maybe I would have get sufficient audience to share my tweets with. I must also say that 140 characters was very limited to the messages I wanted to convey. I either had to make it short and direct or avoid some words to make the message clear. This was personally very annoying due to the limits of twitter. 

There is also that limit in terms of sharing when you cannot share any videos like other platforms. So for me, I don’t think that Twitter is a good platform. If I had a large audience, then I could have dragged them all to my blog but unfortunately this is not the case. 

But nevertheless, I linked my blog to my twitter account just for the purpose of bloggers who want to know a bit more about me to find me easily. Here is the picture of my twitter tweets and my retweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment